Pumpkin, 2 kg
Sour cream 250 ml
Butter 20 g
1/2 Cup white wine
300 g chestnuts chopped (roasted and peeled or vacuum packed)
100 g chopped white onion
30 g dried porcini mushrooms
10 Sage leaves
Handful of celery stalks
A clove of finely chopped garlic
Recommended: truffle oil
Roasting pumpkin (preliminary step for making soup):
1. Peel the pumpkin with a peeler or a knife and cut into large cubes (sized 3*3 cm)
2. Rub the pumpkin cubes in olive oil and then add a sage leave for each cube. Put the cubes on a baking sheet and oven cook in a preheated oven to 200° for about 40 minutes or until they get soften – (you can make sure they`re ready and soft enough by piercing with a fork). The pumpkin should roast and become golden, then remove from oven and let it cool down.
3.Once the pumpkin gets cool enough, mash it roughly with a fork and leave the sage leaves in it.
1 . In a large pot melt the butter with the onions and the celery stalks. Steam for five minutes on medium flame.
2. Add the chopped garlic and white wine, steam until the alcohol evaporates completely.
3. Add the porcini mushrooms with the water they have been soaked in, and add the previously prepared roasted pumpkin with chestnuts and cream
4. Season with salt and pepper, stir and bring to a full boil.
5. Lower the flame and cook for about 20 minutes, while stirring occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pot.
6. Taste the soup and add spices if necessary.
7. Hand mixer the soup until it’s smooth and velvety. The soup color must be color Mocha.
Serve in a bowl with olive oil or truffle oil.